We develop software products and experimental test rigs to model or characterize sound absorbing materials or sound sources.
Experimental test rigs
Matelys provides turnkey equipments developed by Mecanum for full elastic and acoustic characterizations of porous materials used for acoustic applications.
These equipments include:
- test rigs for the measurement of the static air-flow resistivity following ISO 9053-1 and the permeability of fabrics following ISO 9237
- test rig for the measurement of the static air-flow resistivity at high velocities (10 to 280 cm/s with a pressure drop up to 17 kPa)
- porosity-meter (to access the open porosity)
- tortuosity-meter (to access the tortuosity)
- impedance tubes (to measure surface or bulk properties of acoustical materials)
- Acoustic cabin for sound absorption and transmission loss tests on small samples
- Quasistatic mechanical analyser (to access the elastic parameters of acoustical porous media)
- Oberst beam device and acquisition system to estimate Young's moduli and loss factors of visco-elastic materials (following ISO 6721-3 & ASTM E-756-04)
- 3D acoustic camera with real-time imaging capacity
- accessories to these equipments : circular cutters, a weather station, anechoic terminations for impedance tubes, digital pistons...
Matelys also develops on-demand experimental test rigs.
↑ Impedance tube with a square cross-section (available configurations: absorption and transmission; ISO 10534-2, ASTM E1050, ASTM E2611). PDF documentation
↑ Quasi-static visco-elastic test rig (uni-axial compression test, ISO 18437-5). PDF documentation
↑ Acoustic cabin for sound absorption and transmission measurements. PDF documentation
↑ Weather station.